I have found, however, that there are certain traits Connecticut residents have that you just don't find anywhere else. So, for your enjoyment, my winter edition of "You know you're from Connecticut if..."
- You are not surprised when the snow starts falling before the leaves do.
- You get irrationally furious at people who can't drive in snow.
- You own a generator and know how to hook it up.
- You love hockey, and miss the Whalers, but you don't want to leave your warm house to actually attend a hockey game, which is why the Whalers left in the first place.
- You refer to four 40 degree days in a row in January as a heat wave.
- You throw your leftovers on top of the snow in the back yard because the coyotes look hungry.
- You're up to date on all of the latest styles in snow pants.
- At least one of your cars has 4-wheel drive.
- You think nothing of driving in a blinding snowstorm to get to Dunkin' Donuts. That's why you have 4-wheel drive, after all!