- Clean the house. I had every intention of thoroughly dusting, scrubbing, organizing, and repainting the whole house before surgery. I started in the bedroom. Jason had left his dirty laundry on the floor. I didn’t feel like doing laundry, so I pushed it under the bed. Then I didn’t feel like dusting, so I laid kitty treats on the dresser with the hope that the cats would jump up there and dust with their fur while they were snacking. Then I was tired, so I quit.
- Teach Jason to cook. I will not be able to stand in front of the stove or microwave, so hubby needed cooking lessons, pronto. However, I quickly learned that Jason is easily distracted by his phone, the cats, a random rabbit in the back lawn, and dust. His first lesson on how to cook Ramen noodles without burning them was a disaster. So I added a new item to the list…
- Buy a bunch of frozen dinners. This was much more successful. Now we won’t starve!
- Promote Malicious Deviance. This is an anthology about evil people that just came out this week, and I have a story in it. Buy several copies now by clicking HERE!
- Spend quality time with Duran Duran. My sister and I have our tickets to see them Saturday night. Have I mentioned yet that we met them once? We're always hoping they'll recognize and remember us and call us on stage and swear their undying love to us, so we try not to miss a concert. (What? It could happen!)
- Bark at Jason repeatedly. I seem to be doing this non-stop this week. Call it worry over the upcoming surgery or blame it on the fact that I had to hide his dirty laundry under the bed, but I actually yelled at him today for breathing too much of my air.
- Buy a cute new jogging outfit. I wanted something stylish yet functional to wear while parked on the couch. This way, if any joggers go by the house and see me through the window on the couch, they’ll see my snazzy jogging suit and think I injured myself performing some sort of amazing athletic feat. It’s all about appearances, folks.
I can’t promise a regular schedule next week for blogging - I had to do this week’s blog a day early so it wouldn’t interfere with Duran Duran. I hope to update everyone once the surgery’s over and the pain medication wears off! Or not. If the blog is totally incomprehensible next week, at least you’ll know why.